This year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), PacNW will announce the elected positions of the following board positions for the 2020 – 2021 season: President, Vice President of Operations, Secretary, Member-at-Large and Director of Community Operations.
The AGM will occur at 6:00 p.m. July 1 via Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent to PacNW members. PacNW is accepting nominations for the open board positions until June 17.
- Submit a nomination no later than Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 (two weeks prior to the AGM) to .
- Nomination should include:
- candidate’s name,
- the position(s) the candidate seeks to run for,
- brief biographical statement.
- Per the PacNW bylaws, no nominations accepted from the floor at the AGM.
- If desired, the candidate will have an opportunity to make a brief statement to the PacNW members in attendance prior to the casting of ballots.
What Skill or Experience is Needed for a PacNW Board Position?
There are no eligibility requirements, and the single most important skill needed for a board position is a strong desire to support all of our players. While the club has hired additional professional staff in recent years, the PacNW Executive Board is still considered a “working board” – members are asked to “roll up their sleeves” to help with the operations of the club in their respective roles. Historically, Board Members have come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds and personal experiences. PacNW Members who have finance, accounting, legal, or non-profit board experience are especially encouraged to apply and all are invited and welcome to run for a position on the Club’s Executive Board. Any specific questions about positions on the PacNW Executive Board may be sent to .
The following board positions will be elected at the AGM on July 1st, 2020:
The President shall be the principal executive officer of the Club and shall supervise and control all the business and affairs of the Club and shall preside at membership meetings and all Executive Board meetings. In addition but not limited to, the President shall:
- Represent the Club in all matters in regards to public relations with the local community;
- Appoint persons to fill vacancies within the Club, subject to the approval of the Executive Board;
- Appoint special committees and chairpersons, subject to the approval of the Executive Board;
- Authorize an emergency expenditure of the Club’s funds that is less than $250.00;
- Co-signs contracts or other financial instruments which the Executive Board has authorized to be executed, except in cases where the signing and execution thereof shall be expressly delegated by the Executive Board or by these bylaws to some other officer or agent of the Club or shall be required by law to otherwise signed or executed. All contracts and other financial instruments must be signed by 2 members of the executive board;
- Appoint and oversee Association representatives to attend GRTYSA monthly board meetings.
- Co-Sign orders on the Treasury with the Vice President of Operations;
Vice President of Operations:
In the absence of the President or in the event of his death, disability or refusal to act, the Vice President of Operations shall perform the duties of the President. When so acting, the Vice President of Operations shall have all the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President. In addition, the Vice President of Operations shall assist the President from time to time as deemed necessary by the President. The duties of the Vice President of Operations shall include, but are not limited to:
- Co-signs contracts or other financial instruments which the Executive Board has authorized to be executed, except in cases where the signing and execution thereof shall be expressly delegated by the Executive Board or by these bylaws to some other officer or agent of the Club or shall be required by law to otherwise signed or executed. All contracts and other financial instruments must be co-signed by the President;
- Co-Sign orders on the Treasury with the President;
- Uniform Liaison to the Executive Board;
- Program Liaison between DOC and TD and the Executive Board;
- Treasurer Oversight with Director of Operations
The duties of the Secretary shall include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all Club meetings and keep orderly minutes of all Club meetings;
- Distribute meeting minutes to Executive Board and general membership;
- Be custodian of the corporate records of the Club and, in that regard, shall be provided with a copy of all material contracts and agreements entered into by the Club;
- Responsible for the dissemination of information to the members through various forms of written and electronic communication;
- Assume the duties of the President in the absence of the President, and Vice President of Operations;
- Serve as Club Volunteer Coordinator;
- Sign on orders of the Treasury
Member At Large:
The duties of the Member at Large shall include, but are not limited to:
- Participates as member of the Executive Board attending monthly meetings of the Executive Board;
- Represent the general membership on issues of interest or concern, particularly those that arise outside of the standing committee structure;
- Serve as Chair on committees and projects to further the goals of the Club;
- Primary contact for the membership to convey their issues, needs, and interests to the Executive Board;
- Identify potential problems and opportunities for the Club
- Responsible for all interaction within the Club boundary school districts and its Club Rep. Including but not limited to coordinating the distribution of Club Information to the school districts within our boundaries via the Club’s School District Representatives.
Director of Community Relations:
The duties of the Community Relations Director shall include, but are not limited to:
- Tryout/TCB Coordinator for the teams that form at the beginning of the Soccer Year.
- Responsible for Sponsorship for the club other than the main Club sponsor.
- Responsible for the Club Sponsor Rep.
- Work closely with Sponsor representatives for Club events.
- Establishing, promoting, and implementing the community service project for the Club entitled, “The Pack Gives Back,” through which the Club members can unite to serve their communities.
- Oversee Program Coordinator, Camp/Academy/Clinic Coordinator as assigned.